APPLE AND COCONUT CHIA PORRIDGE/PUDDING
This is a cool summer breakfast porridge/afternoon snack/dessert to serve with fruit, yoghurt, nuts & seeds. Chia is a great source of fibre to ensure optimal bowel transit time & also an excellent source of essential fats, protein and magnesium.
- 4 Tablespoons Chia seeds (black/white or mixture)
- 2 cups Water
- Stir well with fork every 4 mins to separate seeds and prevent clumping
- Should set to a gel like consistency in 15 or so minutes
CHIA PORRIDGE (serves 1-2, increase quantities to make a bigger batch)
- 1 cup Chia Gel
- Half -1 tsp. Vanilla powder /vanilla essence (pure not artificial) or vanilla bean inside scraped out
- Half -1 tsp. cinnamon
- Half to one little jar of organic pureed apple/pear baby food
- 100 - 150ml Coconut cream/milk or plain unsweetened yoghurt
- Top with fruit of choice eg: raspberries, blueberries, kiwi fruit
- Top with toasted pepitas, raw almonds, shredded coconut and serve
- Serve with berries, mango, or fruit of choice, bee pollen granules, goji berries, inca berries, pepitas, sunflower seeds &/or lightly toasted slivered almonds, macadamias or walnuts.
- Serve with yoghurt on the side, or instead of coconut cream.
- Coconut flakes would also be a good topping.
© The Wholefood Nutritionist 2019